Information on elections will be posted as it becomes available or if we receive multiple questions on a specific topic.
Below is the certified results for 2023 Elections:
Dear Members in Good Standing,
If you haven't received your Election Buddy voting code or have misplaced it, you have two convenient options:
Option 1: In-Person Verification
Join us at the Clubhouse on Sunday, September 10th, anytime between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Please make sure to bring your government issued id with an address that matches our records. We recommend arriving latest around 2pm to ensure you have enough time to receive your code and cast your vote.
Option 2: Remote Verification
If you are unable to visit in person due to the remote nature of this election, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we verify your identity, we will promptly provide you with your voting code. To expedite the process, we kindly request that you include a picture of your government issued id with your address and provide your contact phone number.
Hello LPPOA Members:
To aid the community in getting to know the candidates, the Elections
Committee has arranged for a “Meet the Candidates” event on Friday
evening, Sept 8th from 7.30 pm to 10:00 pm via zoom. This will be your
opportunity to hear from the candidates and ask questions.
This communique provides the details and process for how the meeting
will be conducted.
We will open the room to the community promptly at 7:30 pm.
Each candidate will be given 3 minutes to introduce themselves and
provide an “opening statement.” Following that, we will give each
position 15 minutes for Q&A from the community.
The membership will be asked to type their name, street address of the
property they own, and questions into the chat and the moderator will
present the question to the candidate(s). Candidates will be given 2
minutes to answer the question so we can get multiple questions and
have time for multiple candidates to respond.
We will ask the members to keep to 1 question per candidate. We will
also ask that they use the honor system to only ask questions to the
three leadership positions and candidates for the district in which they
live. The Elections Committee will attempt to police this but cannot
guarantee out of district individuals will be allowed to ask a question of a
candidate they cannot vote for.
Election Committee members will MC and moderate the meeting.
Please note, we will be using the mute function if a candidate’s
response exceeds the allotted time.
Here is the agenda for the evening:
7:30 - The membership is allowed into the room.
7:30 – Election Committee opens the meeting with 5 minutes of
welcoming and explanation of the proceedings.
7:35 – Candidates begin opening statements in the following order (up
to 3 minutes per candidate):
District 1 (note – where there are multiple candidates for any
position, you will be called upon in alphabetical order by last name)
8:10 – Questions for Vice President
8:25 – Questions for Treasurer
8:40 - Questions for Recording Secretary
8:55 – Questions for District 1
9:10 – Questions for District 2
9:25 – Questions for District 3
9:40 – Questions for District 4
9:55 – Election Committee will thank everyone and close the meeting.
*If there is enough interest and candidates are willing to go longer, we
can keep the room open and moderated for an additional 30 minutes of
Q&A with the goal of addressing questions that were not addressed in
the earlier segments for each position.
Some additional comments:
· We expect professionalism and decorum by all present at all
· At no time will the membership’s microphones be enabled
· ALL questions will be entered into the chat function of zoom and
presented by the moderator to the candidates.
· This is NOT a debate. You are to address your answer to your
actions or plans only. You will not be allowed to rebut or respond
to other candidates’ answers.
· No one will be allowed to speak negatively of anyone else during
the proceedings. First offense will be cause for you to be muted.
Second offense will be cause for you to be removed from the
· Disruptive members or “zoom bombers” will be removed from the
· If questions for any position finish in time less than 15 minutes, we
would move on to the question for the next position in the agenda to
make sure we finish on time.
• First Sunday after Labor Day, September 10, 2023 (as per bylaws)
• Voting: 9am – 3pm
• Annual Zoom Meeting @ 12:00pm (required per bylaws)
• Using third party election company: Election Buddy
• All voting will be electronic
• All members will receive a mailing from Election Buddy with additional instructions.
You will need to save the postcard that you get. There is one postcard/vote per membership.
• Only members in good standing are eligible to vote. You have 5 days before election to become a member in good standing. A member in good standing is a member who has paid all outstanding dues owed by the property, late fees and fines.
• Property owners who do not have the use of a computer may come to the Clubhouse from 9am to 3pm. Members need to bring the postcard from Election Buddy as well as a Government ID showing the property address. (The name on the ID must match the name on the postcard.)
• Candidate night will be done via Zoom meeting on Friday September 8, 2023, 7:00pm to 9:30pm
• Uncertified Election results will be available within 1-3 hours after voting closes. Certified results should be available at the Sept 11th Monthly Board meeting.
• Please contact via Email : email@example.com for any election related questions.
Below Call for nomination letter was sent to all members via post as well as email communication.
2022 Elections - Call for Nomination.pdf
Final Results for 2022 Election is available here.
Lake Parsippany Property Owners Association
P.O. Box 62
Parsippany, NJ 07054